Herbed Turkey and Broccoli
A delicious and satisfying turkey noodle casserole with broccoli, cheddar cheese, and fresh parsley. A great use for leftover holiday turkey.
1 (12-ounce) package egg noodles
1 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon mustard, dry
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups cooked diced Honeysuckle White Turkey
2 tablespoons parsley, fresh and snipped
- Cook noodles and broccoli as directed on packages; drain.
- Melt butter or margarine; stir in flour and seasonings. Add milk slowly; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until melted.
- Dice broccoli stems, leave florets whole.
- Place noodles, broccoli stems, and turkey in a greased 8x8x2 inch baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over ingredients in baking dish, sprinkle with fresh parsley. Arrange broccoli flowerets on top, pressing them into sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F (175°C) for about 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.