Honey Barbecue Turkey Kabobs
Simple, yet flavorful honey barbecue sauce-basted turkey kabobs with wedges of lemon and cherry tomatoes.
1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
8 cherry tomatoes
2 lemons, quartered
1 (18-ounce) bottle honey barbecue sauce
Wooden skewers or metal skewers
Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic and black pepper.
- In a large container, pour mixture over turkey; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak 10 to 12 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thread turkey, tomatoes and lemon wedges on skewers.
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill.
- Grill kabobs about 15 minutes, turning frequently until no longer pink and internal temperature reaches 170°F (approximately 75°C).
- Baste kabobs with honey barbecue sauce during grilling.
- Serve over a bed of fresh cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.