Irish Turkey Bundles
Delicious! Turkey tenderloin rolls filled with blue cheese, bacon and fresh sage, and served with a white wine cream pan sauce.
1 package Honeysuckle White® Breast Tenderloins
8 slices bacon
2 to 3 fresh sage leaves, torn
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Lemon zest, minced as needed
6-ounces Irish Casbel blue cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons light cream (half-and-half)
- Place each turkey tenderloin on a board and with a sharp knife slice in half horizontally. Cover each piece with wax paper and pound with a meat mallet until 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and lay 2 pieces of bacon side by side on the board, stretch the pieces out by stroking with the blade of a large knife. Put a tiny piece of sage on top and cover with a piece of turkey. Season the turkey well and add some lemon zest.
- Cut the cheese into 8 fingers and place one on the piece of turkey. Roll up the bacon and turkey and secure with wooden toothpicks or thread. Continue rolling the rest of the bacon and turkey until you have 8 bundles.
- In a heavy pan, brown the bundles in the butter, turning frequently for about 10 minutes until the turkey is no longer pink in the center and the cheese is beginning to melt. Transfer the bundles to a hot dish and remove the toothpicks.
- Add wine to the pan, deglaze. Add the cream and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pour a little sauce onto each plate and arrange the bundles on top.
- Garnish with a few fresh sage leaves.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.