Kiwifruit Turkey Roast
Soaked in a citrus and kiwifruit marinade prior to roasting, this roasted turkey breast is served with a delicious sauce made with the pan drippings.
1 California kiwifruit, pared and quartered
3/4 cup orange juice - divided use
2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 (2 1/4 to 2 1/2-pounds) turkey breast half
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon honey
3 California kiwifruit, pared and sliced
- Combine quartered kiwifruit, 1/4 cup orange juice, lemon juice, oil, ginger and 1/8 teaspoon salt in food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Season turkey breast with salt and pepper, place in glass dish and coat with orange juice mixture. Marinate 30 minutes; turning once.
- Roast, uncovered, on rack at 325°F (160°C) 1 hour and 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 185°F (approximately 85°C) at thickest part of breast. Baste with orange juice marinade every 30 minutes during roasting.
- Remove turkey and rack from pan.
- Stir flour into pan drippings. Gradually add water and remaining orange juice. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Add honey and generous dash pepper.
- Carve turkey into slices. Serve with gravy; garnish with sliced kiwifruit.
Makes 6 servings.
Variation: Add 2 cups raisins along with other fruit.
Recipe provided courtesy California Kiwifruit Commission.