The flavorful citrus rub featured in this whole roasted turkey recipe adds extra taste dimensions your menu. It works great with other poultry too.
1 (12 to 14 pounds) turkey, neck and bag with heart and gizzard removed
6 tablespoons olive oil
Juice from 4 lemons
Juice from 2 medium oranges
6 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
3 MAGGI Garlic & Onion Flavor Seasoning Cubes, crushed
4 teaspoons sweet paprika
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons grated orange peel
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Arrange oven rack in lowest position and preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Rinse turkey and pat dry; set aside. Combine oil, lemon juice, orange juice, bouillon, crushed seasoning cubes, paprika, grated lemon peel, grated orange peel, cumin, oregano and thyme in medium bowl; mix well.
- Rub entire turkey including under the skin and cavity with half of paste. Reserve remaining paste. Place turkey breast-side-up in prepared dish.
- Bake, brushing turkey with remaining paste every hour, for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 175°F (80°C).
- Transfer turkey to platter and cover with foil. Let turkey stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Makes 12 to 14 servings.
Recipe and photograph the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.