Turkey tenderloins baked with Mexican-seasoned onion, bell pepper, beans and mushrooms.
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
2 pounds turkey boneless tenderloins
3 tablespoons vegetable oil - divided use
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes
1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 pound mushroom, sliced
1 cup red wine
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Combine flour and half of taco seasoning mix. Dredge turkey until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet over medium-heat, sauté the turkey until lightly browned on all sides in 2 tablespoons oil. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and sauté chopped onions and chopped green bell pepper for about 5 minutes. Add any remaining flour mixture and the remaining taco seasoning mix.
- Fold in whole tomatoes, kidney beans (drained), sliced mushrooms, red wine, and sugar. Bring to boil then pour the mixture over the turkey.
- Cover and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 40 to 45 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 170°F / 80°C). Serve with the sauce.
Makes 8 servings.