Oven-Fried Turkey Cutlets
Serve these Italian-style, oven-fried turkey cutlets with wedges of fresh lemon for each person to squeeze the refreshing tart juice over their own portion.
1 pound turkey breast cutlets
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons crushed dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Lemon wedges for accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place turkey cutlets in a medium bowl. Cover with water and lemon juice.
- In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix well. One at a time, take cutlets and dip into crumb mixture, turning to coat both sides of cutlets.
- Place in prepared pan. Spray each cutlet lightly and evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and done.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Makes 4 servings.