Pecan Crusted Turkey Tenderloin
Turkey tenderloin cutlets, dipped in an oil infusion of garlic and shallot with sherry, dredged in a pecan breading and baked.
1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Tenderloins
2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
2 shallots, minced
1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup sherry
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut each turkey tenderloin in half horizontally to make a thinner piece of meat.
- Place tenderloin between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat tenderizer mallet to an even thickness.
- Sauté garlic and shallots in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add sherry, salt, pepper and remove from heat.
- Dip tenderloin pieces in the garlic and shallot mixture, covering each side, and then dip into the chopped pecans mixed with bread crumbs.
- Place the tenderloins on a lightly greased shallow baking pan and drizzle remaining garlic shallot mixture on top.
- Bake on baking sheet for 30 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink and reaches an internal temperature of 170°F (80°C).
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.