Pesto Marinated Turkey Breast
Turkey breast, marinated in a garlic and basil marinade, is grilled and served with a drizzle of pesto.
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup olive or canola oil
15 cloves garlic
3 cups fresh basil leaves
1 to 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 Honeysuckle White® Fresh Bone-In Turkey Breast (about 7 pounds)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- For the Marinade: Mix together the wine, oil, garlic, basil and pepper in a food processor or blender. Place half the marinade in a nonreactive container (such as glass or a heavy duty plastic storage bag), cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place remaining half of marinade in another nonreactive container, add the turkey breast, cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Take turkey out of marinade and discard marinade. (Do not use marinade for basting.)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce temperature to 325°F (160°C) and bake, following timing chart on package, or until done when tested with a meat thermometer. (170°F | 80°C internal temperature).
- Remove turkey breast and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Mix the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese with reserved marinade and serve with sliced turkey.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.