R.S.'s Smoked Turkey
This terrific recipe for R.S.'s Smoked Turkey is from the kitchen of R. Spadafora, Pinellas Park, Florida.
12 to 15 pounds Honeysuckle White Whole Turkey, cleaned
2 oranges, halved
- Set smoker to highest temperature.
- Squeeze juice from the two orange halves onto the bottom of the bird. Rub the juice in and place orange halves in the bird's cavity.
- Place bird on breast and place in smoker. Keep the smoker at highest temperature (cooking time is 30 minutes per pound).
- After half of cooking time, squeeze the remaining oranges onto breast and rub juice in. Place the oranges on top. Place the bird, breast down, back into the smoker.
- After cooking time is complete, take turkey out and let cool before carving.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.