Roast Turkey Breast with Italian Herbs
A simple, yet elegant roasted turkey breast seasoned with Italian herbs. Leftovers make delicious sandwiches.
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried marjoram
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 Honeysuckle White® Fresh Bone-In Turkey Breast (about 7 pounds)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons Italian herb seasoning
Salt and black pepper
- For Italian Seasoning: Combine the ingredients; store any unused portion in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Remove turkey from bag; remove gravy packet.
- Rinse turkey and pat dry.
- Place breast-side up on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil and season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Roast, following timing chart on package.
- When turkey is golden brown, cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning.
- When thermometer inserted into thickest part of turkey breast (without touching bone) reads 170°F (80°C), remove turkey from oven.
- Pour pan drippings into measuring cup and skim off fat. Let turkey rest 10 minutes before carving.
- While turkey is resting, pour contents of gravy packet into a small saucepan and heat over medium high heat, whisking constantly until gravy boils.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup pan drippings, adding more if you prefer thinner gravy.
- Carve turkey and serve with gravy.
Makes 6 to 7 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.