Savory Turkey Curry
This satisfying and delicious turkey curry is low in fat, not in flavor.
1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 red onion, slivered
1/2 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
2 medium carrots, diced and steamed (until almost tender)
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon fat-free half-and-half
Hot cooked rice for accompaniment
- Slice the turkey into bite-sized pieces.
- Place a nonstick medium-sized saucepan over high heat. When hot, add the turkey; season with salt and pepper, and stir-fry about 3 minutes, or until still pink but almost done.
- Add the oil and onion and stir-fry until onion is translucent.
- Add the gingerroot and garlic and stir-fry about 10 seconds.
- Add the curry powder; stir to coat the turkey and warm the spice, about 5 seconds.
- Add the carrots and stir-fry about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water or broth; reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until the carrots are to your liking.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt well with the half and half.
- Remove the turkey from the heat and stir in the yogurt mixture.
- Serve at once. Alternatively, serve the yogurt on the side.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.