Spicy Stuffed Turkey Rolls
Baked, crumb-crusted turkey tenderloin rolls filled with a tasty mixture of crushed cheesy crackers, green chiles and Jack cheese.
1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Tenderloins
2 1/2 cups cheese-flavored crackers, finely crushed
1 (4-ounce) can diced mild green chiles
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
3 to 6 teaspoons vegetable oil
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Cut each turkey tenderloin in half horizontally to make a thinner piece of meat.
- Place tenderloin between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat tenderizer mallet to an even thickness.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs, chiles and cheese. Reserve remaining cup of crumbs for later.
- Season each piece of turkey with salt and pepper. Spread 1/2 cup crumb mixture over each tenderloin; roll up and secure with toothpick.
- Brush each tenderloin with vegetable oil and roll in remaining 1 cup cracker crumbs.
- Transfer to baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.