Super Turkey Burger Pie
This tasty casserole pie is filled with potatoes, carrots, zucchini and onion and topped with a unique turkey burger 'crust'.
Turkey Burger 'Crust':
2 pounds ground turkey
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded potatoes
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 large egg
1 tablespoon bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried mustard
- For Turkey Burger 'Crust': In a large bowl combine turkey, eggs, milk, bread crumbs, parsley, chili sauce, salt and pepper. On a jelly-roll pan, shape half of turkey mixture into 7-inch diameter patty.
- On a 10 x 11-inch piece of waxed paper, shape remaining turkey mixture into 8-inch diameter patty.
- For Stuffing: In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, sauté potato, carrot, zucchini, and onion in butter for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. In medium bowl combine vegetables, egg, bread crumbs and mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Glaze: To make glaze, in small bowl combine catsup, brown sugar and dry mustard.
- Spoon stuffing over 7-inch circle of turkey mixture to 1/2-inch of edge. Lift waxed paper and place 8-inch turkey patty over stuffing. Remove waxed paper. Press turkey mixtures edges together to seal.
- Bake for 1 hour or until 165°F (75°C) is reached on meat thermometer. Spread glaze over burger during last 10 minutes of baking. Serve hot.
Makes 8 servings.