Sweet Peppers and Swiss Chard Turkey Stir-Fry
Recipe courtesy of the National Turkey Federation.
1 pound turkey tenderloins, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil - divided use
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 pound Swiss chard, stalks removed and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a medium bowl, toss turkey strips with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Sauté turkey in hot oil for 4 to 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink in the center. Do not over cook. Remove turkey from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan and sauté peppers for 2 minutes. Gently fold in Swiss chard.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and sugar; stir into vegetable mixture. Reduce heat to medium and stir-fry mixture 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return turkey to pan and heat well. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 220; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Protein: 31g; Sodium: 570mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Turkey Federation.