Turkey and Asparagus Rice Medley
The flavor of this satisfying skillet supper can easily be changed by using other vegetables and condensed soups—like broccoli and cream of broccoli soup.
1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Cutlets, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of asparagus soup
3/4 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1/3 cup whole milk
1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
3 cups white rice, cooked
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the turkey, and cook for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining turkey.
- Combine soup, asparagus, milk and black pepper in the same skillet.
- Heat to boiling.
- Return turkey to skillet and reduce heat to low.
- Cover, cook for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink in the center and asparagus is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.