Turkey snd Asparagus Rollups
A simple, yet elegant entrée. Sautéed turkey breast cutlet rolls, seasoned with Dijon mustard and filled with asparagus spears, minced shallots and mozzarella cheese, are oven-braised in white wine.
4 Honeysuckle White® Breast Tenderloin cutlets
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 fresh bunch of asparagus spears, trimmed (about 12 to 16 small spears)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons shallots, minced
Salt to taste
Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
- Place cutlets between sheets of wax paper, and pound to length of asparagus spears. Spread each slice with mustard. Place three to four asparagus spears toward one end of the turkey fillet.
- Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons shallots; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roll up turkey to enclose asparagus. Fasten with skewers or toothpicks.
- Brown turkey rolls in oil in an oven-proof skillet. Pour wine over turkey and sprinkle with salt and pepper lightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until turkey is cooked but not dry.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.