Turkey Pecan Casserole
This tasty casserole will remind you of the classic dish, Stroganoff. Serve with cooked noodles or rice.
2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, diced
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 tablespoons butter
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
6 tablespoons whole wheat flour
2 cups chicken broth
6 tablespoons brandy
1 cup dry white wine
1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Cooked noodles or rice for accompaniment
- Sprinkle seasoned salt on diced, turkey.
- In a large skillet, melt butter, add turkey, cook until lightly brown; remove to a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In same skillet, over medium heat, sauté crushed garlic cloves and chopped green onion. Stir in tomato paste and flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Slowly add chicken broth, brandy and white wine while stirring; increase the heat and boil about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring until smooth and thickened. Stir in mushrooms.
- Pour the sauce over the turkey and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven covered for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the turkey is tender.
- Remove from the oven and spoon about 2 cups of the pan drippings into a bowl. Stir in sour cream and return mixture to pan, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Return to the oven and bake, covered, for about 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
Makes 8 servings.