Turkey and Spinach Lasagna
Turn leftover turkey into something new and delicious like lasagna! This turkey and spinach lasagna features a delicious white sauce with loads of cheese and a crumb topping.
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 ounces lasagna noodles
2 1/2 cups milk
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
1 (8-ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook frozen chopped spinach and lasagna noodles according to the package directions; drain.
- In a saucepan blend together milk and flour. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Mix half the sauce with the spinach and set aside.
- Pour a small amount of the remaining sauce into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Alternate layers of noodles, spinach mixture, ricotta cheese, turkey and ending with the white sauce.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, dry bread crumbs, and Italian seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Makes 8 servings.