Turkey and Stuffing Pie
Stuffing forms the bottom crust in this tasty turkey pie, and strips of cheddar cheese form a lattice-looking top.
1 (16-ounce) package stuffing mix
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 large egg
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
3 cups chopped cooked turkey
1 cup frozen peas
1 (0.87-ounce) package instant brown gravy mix
1 cup water
2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine stuffing mix, chicken broth, egg, and 1/2 cup melted butter in a bowl; mix well. Press over the bottom and sides of a 10-inch pie plate.
- Drain canned mushrooms, reserving the liquid. Sauté the mushrooms and chopped onion in 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet. Add chopped, cooked turkey, peas, brown gravy mix, water, chopped pimiento, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and thyme.
- Blend flour with the reserved mushroom liquid and stir into the turkey mixture. Cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Spoon turkey mixture into the prepared pie plate then bake for 20 minutes.
- Arrange cheese strips in a lattice-pattern on top.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
Makes 6 servings.