Turkey Cutlets Stuffed with Apples
Plain turkey cutlets rise to new heights when filled with a piquant mix of apple, orange and cranberry.
2 apples, cored and diced
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 pounds (1/2-inch thick) turkey cutlets
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine apples, orange juice, cranberry sauce and marmalade in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until apple softens but retains its shape. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Lay each cutlet on clean, flat surface. Placing one hand on cutlet to keep flat, carefully cut lengthwise along the side to form a pocket; do not cut all the way through.
- Spoon filling into pocket of each cutlet and secure with toothpicks; do not overstuff. Dip cutlets into beaten egg, then dredge in crushed corn flakes.
- Place in a baking dish; cover with any remaining apple mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes until internal temperature of cutlets reaches 165°F (75°C). Serve warm.
Makes 6 servings.