Turkey Dressing Casserole
"A great way to enjoy your leftover turkey, you can even add leftover vegetables. Have leftover chicken? Use that instead." Recipe submitted by Tammy from Rochester, N.Y.
4 cups diced cooked turkey
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
2 (4-ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts
2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (8 to 12-ounce) package stuffing mix
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 11 x 15-inch casserole pan.
- On bottom of casserole pan spread 4 cups of diced turkey. Layer mushrooms on top of turkey. Next, add water chestnuts.
- In a separate bowl mix mushroom soup, 1 can chicken stock and sour cream. Stir together until mixed and pour over water chestnuts.
- Using the same bowl, combine stuffing mix, butter, and 1 cup chicken stock. Mix together and layer over soup mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the casserole is heated all the way through.
Makes 6 servings.