Turkey in Mushroom Sauce
Slices of cooked turkey breast served in a sherried mushroom sauce over buttered noodles or rice. A great recipe for using leftover turkey.
1 pound cooked turkey breast, sliced
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 pound mushroom, sliced
5 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup water
2 tablespoons sherry
Buttered noodles or rice for accompaniment
- Slice cooked turkey into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a skillet, melt butter and sauté sliced mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, chicken bouillon cube, garlic powder, water, and sherry. Stir to dissolve. Add to the skillet and cook on medium, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to boil and thicken.
- Add the turkey, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with buttered noodles or rice.
Makes 4 servings.