Turkey Lasagna Roll-Ups
These tasty lasagna roll-ups are filled with turkey, asparagus and ricotta, and covered with a savory marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
1 (16-ounce) package lasagna noodles
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 large egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups cooked chopped turkey
1 (10-ounce) package frozen asparagus, thawed and drained
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- In a large bowl blend together ricotta cheese, cream, egg, parsley, lemon pepper and salt. Spread evenly on each lasagna strips.
- Divide turkey on top of lasagna strips followed with asparagus. Roll up each strip.
- In a medium bowl combine tomato sauce, water, tomato, carrot, green onions, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, fennel seed and red pepper flakes; mix well. Spread half the sauce in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Arrange the lasagna roll-ups seam side down, on top. Pour the remaining sauce over the roll-ups. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake 40 to 50 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 8 servings.