Turkey Lasagna with No-Cook Sauce
Using uncooked noodles and a no-cook sauce means this lasagna is assembled in a snap. (You will have to cook the ground turkey, though.)
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 (28-ounce) can crushed Italian-style tomatoes
1 (14.5-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced olives, drained
2 green onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon garlic salt
12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Brown turkey in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, olives, green onions, garlic, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Mix well and set aside.
- To assemble lasagna, lay enough lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish to cover in a single layer. Top with 1/3 of the tomato sauce, 1/3 turkey and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat two more times. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 8 servings.