Turkey Lemon Cutlets
Recipe courtesy of the National Turkey Federation.
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 (5 ounces) turkey breast cutlets, pounded thin to an even thickness
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
8 thin slices lemon
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a shallow plate combine flour, salt and pepper. Dip turkey cutlets lightly in flour mixture to coat each side.
- In large, non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté turkey in butter 2 to 3 minutes per side or until turkey is no longer
- pink in center. Remove turkey from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet, add wine, lemon slices, parsley and basil. Over medium-high heat, cook 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is
- slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Return turkey to skillet; reduce heat, cover and heat throughout for 2 to 4 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 210; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 95mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 0g; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 35g; Sodium: 170mg; Potassium: 457mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Turkey Federation.