Sautéed turkey culets served with an Italian mushroom and marsala wine sauce over angel hair pasta.
1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast for Scallopini & Milanesa
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth - divided use
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 (8-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
Angel hair pasta, for accompaniment
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic powder and flour.
- Dredge turkey in flour mixture.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, quickly brown turkey in melted butter, turning once.
- Add 1/4 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth (reserve 1/4 cup for demi-glaze).
- Cook on high for 1 minute.
- Remove turkey from pan and keep warm.
- Pour remaining wine or broth and chicken broth into pan. Scrape loose all the brown particles and bring to a boil. Add mushrooms and boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour demi-glaze over scallopini.
- Serve over angel hair pasta.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.