Turkey Risotto with
Artichoke Hearts and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Creamy arborio rice combines with turkey, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese for a deliciously satisfying entrée.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups uncooked Italian Arborio rice
5 1/2 cups chicken broth - divided use
2 cups chopped leftover cooked Butterball® Turkey
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, thinly sliced
8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, cut into thin strips
3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese - divided use
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 ground black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until tender.
Stir in rice. Cook and stir 3 minutes, or until rice is golden. Stir in 1/2 cup of the broth. Cook and stir constantly 2 minutes, or until broth has been absorbed. Continue to cook and stir constantly, adding another 3 1/2 cups of the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, until completely absorbed.
- Stir in turkey, artichokes and tomatoes.
- Continue adding enough broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until absorbed and rice is tender, but slightly firm in the center.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and basil.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: It’s best to allow enough time to cook the rice properly. Each addition of broth needs to be absorbed completely before the next 1/2 cup is added. This dish should not be hurried.
Recipe provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.