Turkey Tarragon Quiche
Quiche is a great tasting use of leftover holiday turkey.
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust*
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup chopped cooked turkey or chicken or 1/2 cup cooked or canned turkey
1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 cup chopped green onions with tops or 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups non-fat milk
1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon tarragon leaves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Bake pie crust for 15 minutes; cool.
- Sprinkle cheese, turkey, mushrooms, and onions into cooled pie crust.
- In medium bowl beat together remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake in oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
*Use store bought ready-to-use, or homemade pastry using your favorite recipe, or ours: Basic Pie Crust 101.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe using 1/2 cup turkey and green onions): Calories 333, Protein 18 g, Carbohydrates 19 g, Total Fat 20 g, Cholesterol 236 mg, Sodium 521 mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board.