Recipe courtesy of the National Turkey Federation.
2 cups cooked turkey cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 (1 1/2-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
Water, as needed
4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/4 cup canned refried beans
1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
1/2 cup taco sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 cup guacamole
- In large skillet over medium heat, combine turkey and taco seasoning with measurement of water recommended on seasoning
- package. Bring mixture to a gentle boil; immediately reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange tortillas on large cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven 5 to 7 minutes or until tortillas are crispy and lightly browned.
- Spread each tortilla with one tablespoon beans. Top with 1/4 turkey mixture and cheese. Return to oven 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, top with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and taco sauce. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 470; Total Fat: 24g; Saturated Fat: 12g; Cholesterol: 100mg; Total Carbs: 32g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 31g; Sodium: 1270mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Turkey Federation.