Veal Piccata and Noodles
Sautéed veal cutlets served with a lemony caper and white wine pan sauce over cooked noodles.
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound veal cutlet or top round steak, pounded with a meat mallet to 1/8-inch thickness
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
3 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon capers
Cooked noodles for accompaniment
- Combine flour, paprika, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Place veal pieces into dish with flour mixture; turn to coat evenly. Sprinkle veal with seasoned salt.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the veal and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until done. Transfer to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Return skillet to stove, add white wine, lemon juice, and bay leaf. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the bay leaf; stir in butter and capers.
- Place noodles into individual bowls or onto a platter; place veal over noddles and spoon sauce over both.
Makes 4 servings.