Amazing Appetizer Cups
Would you believe ordinary bread slices can turn into fancy hors d'oeuvre cups? The shrimp adds a touch of class.
Recipe Ingredients:12 thin slices white bread, crusts removed
1 1/3 cups bay shrimp
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/3 cup raisins
1 green onion, sliced
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- To make cups; gently press bread slices into twelve, 2 3/4-inch muffin cups.
- To keep from making holes, press from edges of bread, not center.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- To make filling; in medium bowl mix remaining ingredients well; let stand 15 minutes.
- Fill toast cups with shrimp mixture, dividing equally.Serve immediately.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.