Appetizer Cheese Ball
Three kinds of cheese give this cheese ball its full-bodied flavor. Serve with your favorite crackers or bread at your next party.
Recipe Ingredients:1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
4-ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons prepared brown mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup currants
3/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine cream cheese, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt.
- Beat at low speed just until well mixed.
- Stir in pecans and currants. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until slightly firm, then shape into a ball.
- Roll ball in parsley to evenly coat. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Makes 16 servings.