Autumn Cheese Wreath
A festive, autumn-inspired appetizer tray of "cheese leaves" served with cranberry-orange relish.
Recipe Ingredients:Plan to use at least three pounds of block-shaped cheese.
Fresh Cranberry Relish for accompaniment
- Use a cheese slicer to make even slices (1/8 to 1/4-thick). Using a few seasoned cheeses, like Jalapeño Jack, will give the appearance of changing leaves.
- To make leaves of various sizes, use cheese-leaf cutters (available in cookware and hardware stores).
- In the center of a round cheese board, place a bowl of cranberry relish (available in most grocery stores).
- Place leaves in a ring around the bowl. Repeat layering with remaining leaves. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until serving time.
- Use leftover cheese leaves for snacks, casseroles, pizzas and salads.
Makes 2 cups.
Cheese wreath created by Chef Gale Gand.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.