Bacon and Boursin Cheese Puff Pizza
Boursin, a French triple crèmes cheese, is a rich, soft, uncured mild cheese that has been infused with garlic and herbs. It can often be found in the deli section of larger supermarkets.
1/2 of a (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry
1 (5.2-ounce) package garlic and fine herbs cheese, softened (such as Boursin) or 2/3 cup garlic and herb cream cheese
1 tablespoon milk
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 tablespoons sliced green onion
- Thaw puff pastry for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18x9-inch rectangle. Cut into 18 (3-inch) squares.
- Press squares into 3-inch muffin cups that have been coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, stir together cheese and milk until smooth.
- Spoon a rounded teaspoonful into each pastry shell. Top with pieces of bacon and green onion.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Makes 18 appetizers.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/18 of recipe): Calories: 113; Fat: 8 g; Saturated Fat: 3 g; Cholesterol: 13 mg; Sodium: 133 mg; Carbohydrates: 6 g; Protein: 2 g; Fiber: .2 g
Recipe provided courtesy of and www.porkbeinspired.com, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.