Beef con Queso
Beef gives this classic party cheese dip some real punch.
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 3/8-inch cubes*
1 cup salsa
1 (10-ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
1 cup milk
2 pounds Velveeta cheese spread, cubed or shredded
- Brown beef cubes in skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Or
- Heat fully cooked beef according to package directions.
- In a large sauce pan, combine salsa, Rotel and milk. Heat over medium heat until mixture begins to simmer.
- Add beef to cheese mixture.
- Serve piping hot in a small crock with tortilla chips or crusty bread.
Appetizers for 8 to 16.
*Or use 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained; or 12-ounces fully cooked shredded beef; or 1 fully cooked beef pot roast, gravy removed, shredded.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.