Black Bean Tortilla Pinwheels
Party guests will enjoy this tasty version of guacamole with black beans.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
5 (10-inch) tortillas
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream; blend well. Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese, the olives, the onion and the seasonings. Chill for 2 hours.
- Puree the beans in a food processor or blender.
- Spread a thick layer of beans over each tortilla.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the beans.
- Roll up tightly.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 3/4-inch slices.
- Serve with salsa.
Makes 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.