Nutty Blue Cheese Logs
Along with the crackers and vegetable crudités suggested as accompaniments, sliced apples pair well with this spread. Be sure to toss the sliced apples in lemon juice to keep them from browning.
Recipe Ingredients:2 (8-ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8-ounces crumbled blue cheese
8 whole green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 3/4 cups finely chopped toasted walnuts - divided use
1 1/4 cups finely chopped fresh parsley - divided use
Assorted crackers, and vegetable crudités for accompaniment
- Place the cheeses, green onions, steak sauce and Tabasco in a food processor and process until well combined. Taste mixture and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Combine the cheese mixture with 1 cup of the walnuts and 1/2 cup of the parsley. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into 4 (6-inch-long) logs.
- Mix together remaining 3/4 cup walnuts and 3/4 cup parsley on a piece plastic wrap, waxed or parchment paper.
- Roll logs in nut mixture; wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers and vegetable crudités.
Makes 48 servings or 4 (6-inch) logs.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/2-inch slice): 75.1 calories; 75% calories from fat; 6.5g total fat; 10.8mg cholesterol; 115.9mg sodium; 63.2mg potassium; 1.4g carbohydrates; 0.4g fiber; 0.2g sugar; 1.0g net carbs; 3.4g protein.