Blue Cheese Cheesecake
Wedges of savory cheesecake served with a sweet compliment of caramel drizzle.
16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups (12 ounces) finely crumbled blue cheese, at room temperature
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons clover or orange blossom honey
Pinch of kosher salt
Pinch of fresh cracked pepper
1/2 cup caramel topping
Water crackers for accompaniment, optional
- Heat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Spray an 8-inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper, and spray again.
- In large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Measure out 1/4 cup blue cheese and set aside.
- To the remaining blue cheese; beat, add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape the mixture off of the sides of the bowl. Add the sour cream, honey, salt, and pepper. Beat until combined. Pour into the pan.
- Place a shallow pan of water in the oven, and place the cheesecake on the rack above it. (Steam from the water will help prevent cracks in the cheesecake.) Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven. Sprinkle the reserved blue cheese over the top and bake 10 to 15 minutes more, until lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan, to room temperature.
- To serve, cut the cheesecake into wedges. Drizzle each plate with caramel; place the wedge on the plate.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.