Serve this savory cheesecake at room temperature, cut into wedges or as a spread for crackers.
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Wisconsin Parmesan cheese
8 ounces bacon slices
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Wisconsin Blue cheese
4 large eggs
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spread butter on bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan. Sprinkle combined crumbs and cheese in pan, turning to coat sides.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons fat. Crumble bacon.
- Sauté onion in reserved fat; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and blue cheese, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in whipping cream, pepper sauce and salt.
- Stir in bacon and onions; pour over crust.
- Place pan in large baking pan. Place pan on oven rack; carefully pour boiling water into baking pan to 1 1/2-inch depth.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 1 1/2 hours.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan, cool before removing rim of pan.
- Serve at room temperature, cut into wedges or as a spread for crackers.
Makes 16 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.