Brie and Bacon in Pastry
Both the height of elegance and simplicity, this rich and savory appetizer is perfect for a small crowd. Serve fresh grapes alongside.
4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
1 (16-ounce) wheel Brie
1/4 cup sliced, toasted almonds
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 large egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Thaw pastry 20 minutes; roll sheet out on a lightly floured surface to a 15-inch circle.
- Heat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Slice Brie in half horizontally and layer with bacon, almonds and parsley in center of pastry.
- Brush pastry edges with egg wash, pull up sides to enclose.
- Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. If desired, decorate top with pastry scraps. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories 270 calories Protein 11 grams Fat 21 grams Sodium 340 milligrams Cholesterol 60 milligrams
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.