California Walnut Camembert
A simple make-ahead appetizer that looks like it took hours to make. Serve with crackers, breadsticks, pumpernickel bread and grapes or pears.
4-ounces Camembert cheese, softened
4-ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup California Walnut pieces, divided use
1 tablespoon butter
- Chop cheeses into small pieces. In small bowl, mash together with a fork or spoon until combined.
- Finely chop half of the walnuts; stir into cheese mixture.
- Shape into a round and chill several hours or overnight.
- Before serving: in small skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add remaining walnuts. Cook, stirring until golden brown; drain on paper towelling.
- Press walnuts around sides and top of cheese round. Dust with paprika.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy California Walnuts.