Chèvre, or goat cheese, flavors this savory appetizer, baked to resemble a dessert cheesecake. Topped with strips of sun-dried tomatoes, Chèvre Cheesecake makes an eye-catching centerpiece for any hors d'oeuvres table.
1 (5.5-ounce) package sesame breadsticks or crackers
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 pounds goat cheese
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
5 large eggs
1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes marinated in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) Generously butter a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap outside of pan in foil to 'waterproof' it (foil should come halfway up the side); set aside.
- Process breadsticks in food processor until you have fine crumbs; combine with melted butter. Press crumb mixture along bottom and up sides of prepared pan; chill.
- Combine goat cheese, cream cheese, eggs, rosemary, salt and pepper in food processor; process until well mixed. Spoon into chilled crust. Set cheesecake pan into larger pan; fill outer pan with water until halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake about 70 minutes; top of cheesecake should be lightly browned and, when touched gently in the center, dry to the touch but still soft.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes.
Makes 24 appetizer servings.