Chicken Almond Puffs
These savory little appetizer puffs are always a big hit at parties.
1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1/3 cup chopped toasted almonds
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Combine the chicken and almonds; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, oil, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, celery seed and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from heat and beat in eggs, all at once; continue beating until smooth. Stir in chicken and almonds.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes 24 appetizer servings.