Chicken Wings Gorgonzola
An exceptional hot wings recipe with a delicious creamy Gorgonzola dressing.
2 pounds chicken wings, cut into 2 pieces at joint, tips discarded
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
1 small bunch watercress, washed and trimmed for garnish
Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing:
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
- In deep fryer or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil to 375°F (190°C) testing with kitchen thermometer.
- Pat wings dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully lower wings into oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. To avoid overcrowding the skillet, fry wings in small batches. Remove wings with tongs and drain on paper towels. After draining, transfer wings to large bowl.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Mix in hot pepper sauce and vinegar.
- Pour mixture over wings and toss to coat well.
- Arrange wings on serving platter, garnish with watercress and serve with
- Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing.
- To make Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing: In medium bowl, combine all ingredients until well-blended. Serve with wings.
Makes about 40 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.