Cinnamon Sugar Kettle Corn
You don't have to attend a carnival or street fair to enjoy this cinnamon sweet kettle corn treat.
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or table salt)
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large pot with a lid, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Add popcorn kernels and cover.
- When kernels begin popping, carefully lift lid and sprinkle in powdered sugar. Replace lid and continue cooking, shaking pot frequently, until popping begins to slow.
- Quickly sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Replace lid and continue shaking pot until popping has almost stopped (be careful not to burn). Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
Makes 3 quarts; 12 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.