Swiss Cheese Fondue
Fondue will strike up a conversation every time...that's why it's such a great choice for parties!
3/4 pound Gruyère
3/4 pound Emmenthaler
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 loaf crusty French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 cup white wine
1 tablespoon kirch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
White pepper to taste
Ground or freshly grated nutmeg to taste
Raw cut-up vegetables
- Cut the Gruyère and Emmenthaler cheese to fit in a food processor.
- Shred the cheeses in a food processor with the shred tool attached.
- To the cheese add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir.
- Cut a loaf of crusty French bread into 1-inch cubes.
- Rub the inside of a heavy pot with a crushed garlic clove.
- Pour white wine, kirsh and lemon juice to the pot.
- Heat over a medium heat flame until the wine is hot but not boiling.
- Add handfuls of cheese, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until cheese is melted and the cheese/wine mixture has the appearance of a light creamy sauce.
- Add nutmeg and white pepper to taste.
- Remove the pot and place on a fondue stand surrounded by bread and vegetables.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.