Cottage Bread Sticks
Split and hollowed-out bread sticks are filled with a herb-seasoned cream cheese mixture, brushed with melted butter and baked until hot.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups (8 ounces) large curd cottage cheese
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
1 tablespoon crushed caraway seed
1 tablespoon paprika
Freshly ground black pepper
12 soft bread sticks
3 tablespoons melted butter
- Split bread sticks horizontally and remove soft insides.
- Combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, anchovy paste and mustard in a bowl using an electric mixer. Stir in chives, parsley, capers, caraway seed, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Generously spread filling inside each bread stick.
- Place bread sticks on baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with caraway seed.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 7 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.