Cranberry Gorgonzola Appetizer Tart
Impress your guests with this creamy, sweet and savory appetizer tart. Easily lighten up this tasty appetizer by using reduced-fat cream cheese and blue cheese.
1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package), room temperature
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust baked shell using a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim excess pie crust even with top of pan.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine cream cheese and gorgonzola cheese in a medium mixing bowl; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in milk and egg until well mixed. Gently stir in cranberries and green onions. Spread mixture in baked tart shell; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. If desired, garnish with additional green onions.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 12 appetizer servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Cal. 182 (9%DV), Fat Cal. 126, Pro. 4g (7%DV), Carb. 11g (4%DV), Fat 14g (21%DV), Chol. 46mg (15%DV), Sod. 194mg (8%DV), Vit. A 97RE (7%DV), Vit. C 1mg (2%DV), Vit. E <1mg (1%DV), Calcium 47mg (5%DV), Iron <1mg (2%DV), Folate 5Ug (1%DV), Zinc <1mg (1%DV), Pot. 57mg (2%DV), Dietary Exchange: Starch 1, Fat 2.5
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.