Crazy Dipped Pretzel Rods
Chocolate-dipped pretzel rods are fantastically easy and fun to make! Dip, dunk, drizzle and sprinkle as you please. These delicious sweetly salty snacks will have your family running back for more. Great to make any day of the year.
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate or Premier White Morsels
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
16 pretzel rods
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels and/or sprinkles (optional)
Additional NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels for drizzling (optional)
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels and vegetable shortening in small, dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Dip pretzel rods about 3 inches into melted morsels, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Sprinkle with morsels or sprinkles. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Best when eaten within a few days.
Makes 16 rods.
For a Fancy Drizzle: Microwave 2 tablespoons of each desired morsel flavor in small, heavy-duty plastic bags on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from each bag; squeeze to drizzle over already dipped pretzels on baking sheet. Refrigerate and store as directed above.
- Pretzels may be dipped and drizzled in any variety of melted morsels for different looks. For example, dip them in semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle them with melted white morsels. Or dip them in milk chocolate and drizzle them with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
- Above recipe can easily be doubled, but we do not recommend microwaving more than 2 cups (12 ounces) of morsels at one time.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 100; Calories from Fat: 35; Total Fat: 4g (6% of DV); Saturated Fat: 2g (10% of DV); Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV); Sodium: 200mg (8% of DV); Carbohydrates: 14g (5% of DV); Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV); Sugars: 6g; Protein: 2g; Vitamin A: 0% of DV; Vitamin C: 0% of DV; Calcium: 0% of DV; Iron: 2% of DV.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.